Foundational eGovernment services
NIC specializes in understanding the precise requirements of DMVs and delivering customized eGovernment solutions to meet these needs. We add value to motor vehicle departments by:
Utah Branch Office Appointment Scheduler Maine Vehicle, Trailer & Watercraft Renewals Maryland Vision Test Certifications
- PROVIDING HIGHLY SECURE INFRASTRUCTURE AND SOLUTIONS THAT ARE COMPLIANT WITH DPPA AND STATE REQUIREMENTS.
- REDUCING THE ADMINISTRATIVE BURDEN FOR AGENCIES BY PROVIDING BILLING, PAYMENT PROCESSING, RECONCILIATION AND 24/7 CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR HIGH-VOLUME BUSINESS USERS.
- DRIVING HIGHER STATUTORY REVENUES BY MARKETING DMV SERVICES TO APPROVED HIGH VOLUME BUSINESS USERS.
- INTRODUCING MOBILE FIRST SOLUTIONS THAT MAKE DMV SERVICES EASY TO ACCESS ON ANY DEVICE.
- BUILDING MORE THAN 250 USER-FRIENDLY SERVICES THAT SIMPLIFY HOW BUSINESSES AND CITIZENS INTERACT WITH DMV OFFICES, INCLUDING:
At NIC, we know first-hand the unique requirements of businesses and their needs from government. We’ve built hundreds of online services that automate high-volume transactions, reduce paper, cut costs, accelerate turnaround and allow our government partners the luxury of redeploying funds to other priorities.
South Carolina UCC Online System Maryland Central Business Licensing Idaho Business Identity Monitoring
- CORPORATE SOLUTIONS
- UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE SOLUTIONS
- ONE-STOP BUSINESS LICENSING BUSINESS IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION
At NIC, we’ve built customized eGovernment services fulfilling the licensing and permitting requirements of resources and recreation agencies across the nation.
Outdoor Alabama Arkansas Game Check Mississippi Wildlife, Hunting & Fishing
- LICENSING SERVICES ONLINE, RETAIL AND MOBILE
- NATIONAL POINT OF PURCHASE LICENSING NETWORK FOR RETAILERS
- ONLINE ENROLLMENTS FOR BIG GAME HUNTING LOTTERIES
State Construction Registries
NIC’s SCR system gives everyone involved in the project the ability to announce their participation and provide contact information. This transparency ensures that all lien interests are known prior to closing. The end result is that everyone gets the money they deserve and the property avoids foreclosure. State Construction Registries
Our self-funded model: works for government, works for business, works for people.
NIC is the originator and only provider of the self-funded enterprise approach to delivering eGovernment services.
How self-funded works:
- Modest efficiency fees usually ranging from $1-3 are applied to a limited number of services, which covers the cost of building, maintaining, and expanding the eGovernment platform at no cost to government.
- Transaction fees create a sustainable funding stream to support long-term eGovernment growth. (A dozen states have been using self-funding to deliver services for more than a decade.)
- Funding from this small number of fee services supports enterprise-wide eGovernment expansion. With this funding source in place, 75% of eGovernment services are typically at no cost to users.
- The ongoing funding source is reinvested in building new services.
- Since NIC is only paid when eGovernment services are used, we have a built-in incentive to deploy in- demand services and market them aggressively to citizens and businesses.
- Strong central governance sets the eGovernment strategy, determines priorities, sets efficiency fees and maintains data control.
why government works with us.
No Tax Dollars Required:
Modest efficiency fees cover all operational costs.
No two governments are the same, and we customize every solution to meet the unique operating, financial and political needs of each agency.
Rapid Development of New Services:
NIC has developed more than 9,000 eGovernment services that can be customized and quickly implemented.
Customer Service Excellence:
We provide around-the-clock, seamless customer support for agencies and end users through phone, email, live help and SMS channels.
Unlike traditional IT contracting, self-funding has no change orders, ongoing maintenance costs, or other requirements that limit government’s ability to address its evolving needs.
We maintain on-site offices in each market we serve and these teams are 100% dedicated to making our government partnerships successful.
NIC has created hundreds of high-quality technology, marketing and customer service jobs in the markets we serve.
Governance & Transparency
Our partners determine the governance structure and we report regularly on the eGovernment program’s performance.
We customize each installation with best-in-class components that integrate seamlessly with partner legacy systems.
Pillars of successful eGovernment