Kansas: Simplistic Approach with Mobile e-Search
The Kansas District Court Records Search, originally developed a decade ago, has been enhanced to allow online searches of district court records from all 105 Kansas counties. For a small efficiency fee, citizens and businesses can search all available records online. The court record search service is also mobile-enabled for quick searching on mobile devices.
As a result, while retaining the all of its original benefits and functionality, the new mobile friendly service has also added:
• A streamlined look and feel for both desktop and mobile device users,
• A simplistic approach leading users straight to the details of each court case eliminating unnecessary steps,
• And the ability to search each court over a given period of time.
• From a baseline of zero in 2008, the number of e-File subscribers in the state has risen to 3,590, and counting,
• The percentage of e-Filed court documents has increased 20% over the previous year, for a total increase of 409% over the past five years,
• The number of court e-Payments has increased 12 % over the previous year, for a total of 105% over the previous four years.
• The Kansas District Court Records Search has become one of Kansas.gov’s top applications and an award winning service,
• The total number of mobile searches increased 59% in just over one year.