Funding Model: Fixed Cost Contract
Launch Date: 2001
An example of our expertise in information dissemination at the state level is NIC's contract with the state of
Michigan, whwere we support both the Campaign Financial Disclosure and Election Management Systems. The Michigan
Department of State processes all electronic filings of financial data for gubernatorial as well as all state-level
candidate offices, political action committees, political parties, and ballot committees through an outsourced
contract with NIC. It is essential that this data be processed, stored, and secured exactly as it is received, and
NIC has been successfully entrusted with these processes for more than eight years.
Our solution encompasses:
- Processing all electronic filings - which are mandatory for state offices (exceptions apply)
- Providing the systems and processes to guarantee that filings are securely encrypted, transmitted, validated, and issued unique identifying numbers
- Retaining data in various output files and providing tools to render data in image or printed form - while also guaranteeing the security and integrity of all past electronically filed data
- Processing the campaign finance data to be easily searchable by the public
- Providing onsite development and application/system support for the MDOS Election Bureau Disclosure Division
- Accepting, storing, displaying, and reporting all election night results, candidate registration listings, and election canvassing reports.